John J Chalmers
See full ranking list
short ranking list
last 3 solved tasks
Edison patentIn 1901, Thomas A. Edison was issued patents for a "Magnetic Separator" and an "Apparatus for Screening Pulverized Material" (U.S. Nos. 675,056 and -7), two of several patents for which he applied in mid-1897 concerned with "a Method of breaking rock", rolls, a conveyor, drying apparatus, mixer, and "Lubricating Journal-Bearings." The patent diagram (left) shows a magnet at the centre separating falling streams of magnetic and non-magnetic materials.
1. If you are choking on an ice cube, don't panic. Simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat and presto! The blockage will be almost instantly removed.
2. Clumsy? Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.
3. Avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting the toilet seat by simply using the sink.
4. High blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for a while, thus reducing the pressure in your veins.
5. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep when you hit the snooze button.
6. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, then you will be afraid to cough.
7. Have a bad toothache? Hit your thumb with a hammer, then you will forget about the toothache.
8. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
9. AND..... Sometimes we just need to remember what The Rules of Life really are: You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
10. If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance!
11. And finally... Be really good to your family and friends. You never know when you are going to need them to empty your bedpan.